baslinux - Re: [BL] Questions on boot BaseLinux

  • From: Andrey Sharkov <xfaulsz AT gmail.com>
  • To: "baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org" <baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [BL] Questions on boot BaseLinux
  • Date: Thu, 28 Aug 2014 10:17:52 +0400

17.07.2011 5:51, keesan AT SDF.ORG пишет:
broken up).
Poluchaetsya MPlayer  menee priveredliv  k komp'yuteru i sisteme nezheli
;;;sVLC .

"Mplayer seems to be less fastidious (demanding?) of the computer and
the system than VLC".

   I don't understand just what you want to do with VLC - serve
streaming video or watch it or just download files to be played on
another
computer?

Cel' - zapisyvat' iptv-potok v fajl . Na  bolee sovremennom komp'yutere
(Cope2Duo   2,4Ggc) u menya ustanovlena programma osnovannaya na VLC  ,
vot ya  hotel poprobovat' ispytat' ee na starom komp'yutere,
no posle vashih slov uzhe somnevayus' v uspehe ...
"My goal is to record an IPTV-stream to a file.  On a more recent computer
(Cope2Duo, 2.4GHz, I have a program based on VLC, so I wanted to try
it out on an old computer, but after your explanation I doubt it will work."

My reply:  Is your hard drive even big enough to record a video stream?
A 100Mhz computer has no USB port to use with external drive.
Нет  у него usb-порта .  Но у  меня  есть диск  на  40 гб  , правда не проверял как потянет он или нет .

Try doing whatever it is on a faster computer and use 'top' to calculate
the percentage of the CPU time used by the process.  If it uses 10% or
less of 1GHz it should work at 100MHz, if the video chip is fast enough
too.

Vizual'no mne kazhetsya processor gruzitsya bol'she 10 %, poluchaetsya
100 Mh
okazhetsya krajne malo
"Visually the processor load seems to be more than 10%, so 100MHz will
probably turn out to be much too slow."

Togda ostaetsya probovat'  MPlayer . Spasibo Sendi za raz"yasnenii :-)
"So all that is left is to try out Mplayer.  Thanks for the explanation,
Sindi".

I set up a 120MHz laptop as an internet radio, with an mplayer compiled
specifically for P54C - very old Pentium.  It will work with about 8MB
RAM
and very little CPU time.
Vpechatlyaet :-)
"Impressive ;=)"