baslinux - Re: [BL] installing BL via network

  • From: sindi keesan <keesan AT SDF.ORG>
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] installing BL via network
  • Date: Wed, 29 Jan 2014 23:45:18 +0000 (UTC)

On Thu, 30 Jan 2014, Ron Clarke wrote:

Hi Folks,

On Wed, 29 Jan 2014 17:59:29 +0000 (UTC), sindi keesan wrote:

David M's mplayer does not support P54C streaming audio (it does work
offline). I compiled mplayer for P54C with glibc 2.3.6 (Slackware 11) so
now I only need to upgrade glibc, which I forgot how to do.

Or you could try a static build MPlayer (compiled in SW 9.1)
http://www.ausreg.com/bl/misc/mplayer5

It works for me from SW7 to SW14 - as is !

I notice it is 13MB, not 2.7MB like mine.
Does it work on a PI from 1996?

The IRQ situation here is apparently screwed up.

I can only turn off the computer by pulling power plug and battery (or waiting 30 sec for it to run out of power).

If I reboot, sound no longer works.

Power off, boot into BL3, sound works with mplayer, for a while, then suddenly IRQ/DRQ problem and I need to power off and then pull the plug and reboot and it works again. Since the total process takes a minute (pull battery and power plug, wait for DOS, boot BL3 in 20 sec) this is only a minor annoyance.

There is no irq information in /proc/ (like there is if I boot into puppy linux and install sound modules). I am missing something important.