baslinux - Re: [BL] installing BL via network

  • From: sindi keesan <keesan AT SDF.ORG>
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] installing BL via network
  • Date: Wed, 29 Jan 2014 17:04:07 +0000 (UTC)

I tried for several hours to get OSS CS4232 sound working. Works with Puppy Linux ALSA and I used the same IRQ etc. Any ideas? It does SB Pro emulation but mplayer/mp3 requires SB (16-bit). CS4236 works as sb.

Puppy Linux does not detect any pcmcia cards so cannot be used online. (No USB or onboard network). Turbopup version uses 60MB booted entirely into RAM (I have 64MB total) or about 10M booted 'full' not 'frugal'.

ALSA sound also works on a 475MHz Compaq Presario 1200 but not OSS (Via 82cxxx chip). On a 300MHz Winbook XLi OSS sound works but not ALSA (yet), and Xorg works but not BL2 X. Makes a nice internet radio.