baslinux - Re: [BL] splitvt not working

  • From: sindi keesan <keesan AT SDF.ORG>
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] splitvt not working
  • Date: Thu, 17 Jan 2013 11:00:28 +0000 (UTC)

On Wed, 16 Jan 2013, monz wrote:

I'm concerned about screwing up my BL3 by adding glibc from
Slackware 8.1.

It is small - experiment on a second copy in another partition.
Boot with loadlin from DOS.

I think I simply added glibc, which did not replace libc5.

What about fixing screen so that it compiles for me? I had
a gcc.tgz package from somewhere which worked, and I replaced
it with the ecgs sysem which I found in the Slackware 4 repo.
Screen required me to install quite a few dependencies, but
when I tried to compile it with ecgs it didn't compile.
I think i'll quote the output of that in my next post.

I only compiled kermit with BL3 (and help from kermit) long ago.

Try to compile an older version of screen.
The compiler may not handle newer source code.

-monz