baslinux - Re: [BL] odt to pdf convertor?

  • From: sindi keesan <keesan AT SDF.ORG>
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] odt to pdf convertor?
  • Date: Sun, 20 Nov 2011 13:17:12 +0000 (UTC)

I have OOo_1.1.5_LinuxIntel_install.tar.gz

It is 78,571K and dated from Nov 2006

It probably expands to even more and has dependencies.

It installed and is running in BL2.1.
Amazing that they still supported libraries from five years earlier.

Ron, what do you use OpenOffice for?

For opening and reading stuff that I cannot open and read with anything else.
I have seldom had to use it, but it was worth it for the few times when
nothing else would do.

Open Document Fellowship's Viewer http://www.opendocumentfellowship.com/odfviewer for Windows, Mac or linux Still in beta 1.0, does not handle vector graphics and multiple columns. 7MB source code for linux. Should I try compiling it? (Not on my 233Mhz laptop).

Online office suite http://zoho.com and Google Docs

Abiword 2.4+ with plugins (not Steven's older compiled version)

Co-Create Office from China - which is used by govt and is very success. Over 400 improvements on OpenOffice. Sourceforge has a 95MB tar file labelled Windows. Under development.

http://convert-doc.com (handles ODF and MS formats) and other free online convertors.

But, if requested, I can put it up on my website and from there you are on
your own.
Unless you can find that exact file on the web.

Oldapps has all the versions.

Just remember, choose NOT to include java when asked, otherwise it will not
run in BL2.

Ron