baslinux - Re: [BL] Toshiba S353 lilo problem

  • From: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] Toshiba S353 lilo problem
  • Date: Wed, 19 Jan 2011 01:22:58 +0000 (UTC)

XP works with wireless after a warm reboot from BL.

Today LILO no longer worked (I had not reinstalled it) and wireless in
BL2 (booted with loadlin) no longer works. (Wired ethernet works).
Possibly something is failing, which affects them both and is intermittent.

Sindi

Wireless is working again after booting with loadlin.

Booted with loadlin and framebuffer text (vga=791), i810_audio.o worked with 2.2.26 kernel but with 2.4.31 the driver said there was no such device and could also not find the smartmedia card in the built-in reader. So I booted with my bzimusb.431 kernel (built-in USB supporting more hardware) and not only was the card found but i810_audio.o is now working.

Framebuffer video seems to be conflicting with sound and maybe USB. Lilo might work without it with a 2.4 kernel.

Someone just posted an empty message to BL, subject BL, text and HTML copies of blank message body and blank attachment. Try again and please turn off the HTML.