baslinux - Re: [BL] ISOs of BL

  • From: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • To: baslinux <baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [BL] ISOs of BL
  • Date: Thu, 18 Nov 2010 03:43:15 +0000 (UTC)

On Wed, 17 Nov 2010, baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org wrote:

BL2.1 ISO is here: http://cmiller.sdf-us.org/baslin/baslin2/

I will ask James if he wants to also host BL3.32 ISO at the same site.

BL3.32 ISO is zipped and is 2.75 meg. Unzipped its 4.62 meg.

My webmail service doesn't allow me to edit the previous text when using "reply" or
"forward". Its Yahoo Mail.

I just logged into my yahoo account (and waited 5-10 min for it to load, via broadband, at 233MHz with 64MB RAM - it uses up 99.9% of CPU time and 82% of memory). Forward - you see the original message on the screen. Arrow down to the end and hold your finger on the backspace. Or highlight with the mouse and then DEL. You can select what to delete too. I did not look for a setting that lets you reply without including original.
Congrats on managing to send plain text - numerous people insist Yahoo cannot be trained that way.

Yahoo Mail is not suitable for older computers. I suggest fastmail.fm, or a webmail account at visualserver.org, or pay $1 or so to freeshell.org for pine and mutt and webmail. (Pine and mutt can be made to work at visualserver but not easily).

It took me six sec to log into fastmail with images. I have lots of mails there that need to load from inbox.

Sindi Keesan