baslinux - Re: [BL] Trying BrowseX on BL

  • From: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] Trying BrowseX on BL
  • Date: Thu, 15 Jul 2010 06:23:06 -0700 (PDT)

Well its user interface looks as good as Firefox or Opera. It says it has
Java and Javascript capability. Unfortunately like BBC-LNX work on it
appears to have stopped in 2004. Both could use a serious update but they
are "dead" projects. Javascript in 2004 seems incompatable with Javascript
in 2010. Trying to access AOL webmail gets messages that Javascript is not
enabled. Turn it on and you get syntax errors on the scripts. I know you
are looking for a Linux based browser that can bypass images and just load
and display the text of a website. I am just pointing out whatever I find
that "might" be useful.

--- On Wed, 7/14/10, baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org <baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org>