baslinux - Re: [BL] Trying BrowseX on BL

  • From: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] Trying BrowseX on BL
  • Date: Fri, 16 Jul 2010 14:59:41 +0000 (UTC)

On Thu, 15 Jul 2010, baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org wrote:

The version of BrowseX implemented in BBC-LNX is later than 2.0.0. It has a switch on the Options screen (I think it was Options) for Javascript. To make the browser work in BBC-LNX you need to change from a external cashe to internal. Also change its ID from "Mozilla" to "IE 5".

If you have broadband and want to upgrade to Slackware 11 glibc and gcc and download the packages needed for compiling programs, you can try to compile gtk2 with libgio to use with the Browsex from BBC-LNX, but I don't know how it would be better than a 2005 version of Opera.

Slackware 10 might do it. 11 is 2006. I don't know why it came without libgio.

AOL is fussy about browsers and I think Opera 8 but not 9 worked with it.

I wonder where they got the source code for a post 2.0.0 Browsex.

--- On Thu, 7/15/10, baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org <baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org>