baslinux - Re: [BL] Trying BrowseX on BL

  • From: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] Trying BrowseX on BL
  • Date: Tue, 13 Jul 2010 00:27:55 +0000 (UTC)

On Sun, 11 Jul 2010, baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org wrote:

Trying to install BrowseX on BL. First dependency problem is libgdbm.so.2

Google shows this to be a Redhat lib. Can Redhat code be used on BL? This is my first
try at installing "foreign" binarys and dependencies on BL. Might there be a
Slackware version?
Download MANIFEST.gz from Slackware
(I suggest Slackware 8.1, and also upgrade glibc) and type
zless MANIFEST.gz
Then / and libgdbm
and you will find a libgdbm.so.2.0.0

Download the package elflibs and either install the whole package

or unpack with tar -zxvf in /tmp and copy over that one library
to where it belongs (/usr/lib/libgdbm.so.2.0.0
ldconfig to create a symlink to libgdbm.so.2 (or use ln -s)

ldd browsex (or the name of the binary) will list all dependencies
and tell you if you have them or not.

Sindi

Thanks, Terry M.