baslinux - Re: [BL] SliTaz and Xorg (was: Midori web browser)

  • From: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] SliTaz and Xorg (was: Midori web browser)
  • Date: Sun, 30 May 2010 16:16:07 -0700 (PDT)

Hi Pork'n'Beans,

SliTaz 3.0 (as of March 28 of this year) has switched its
default windowing from Xvesa to Xorg, so i now have Xorg
working on all of my SliTaz installations, except for those
running in virtual machines in qemu and VirtualBox, on which
i still use Xvesa.

Run this:
# lspci | grep -i vga

And see what your display adapter is. Then use tazx to
install the proper Xorg driver. Actually SliTaz has a
tazhw command which can help you ... try running this first:

# tazhw detect-pci --get-firmware

then run tazx. That should work for you. The website has
a whole guide to fixing problems with X:
http://doc.slitaz.org/en:guides:xorg-xvesa

Finally: i've written about SliTaz here before, because
i like it so much and use it all the time. But this _is_
the BasicLinux forum, so i'm ending discussion of SliTaz now.
Their website has its own very active forum.

-monz

--- On Sun, 5/30/10, baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org <baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org>