baslinux - Re: [BL] Midori web browser

  • From: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] Midori web browser
  • Date: Sun, 30 May 2010 15:59:50 -0700 (PDT)

Hi Sindi,

SliTaz now uses Midori as its default browser, so there is a ready-made
package and I didn't have to compile it. I know that the primary dependency
is libwebkit, because it uses the WebKit browser engine (the same one used in
Safari and Google Chrome).

The SliTaz packages databse lists these dependencies for Midori:
* libsexy
* libwebkit
* libsoup
* sqlite
* xorg-libXdamage
* libnotify
* gcc-lib-base
* libgnutls

The info is here:
http://pkgs.slitaz.org/stable/x-window.html#midori

You can find more info here and on the links on this page:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Midori_browser

-monz

--- On Sun, 5/30/10, baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org <baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org>