baslinux - [BL] ahhh just spoiled a usb pin drive with windows install

  • From: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [BL] ahhh just spoiled a usb pin drive with windows install
  • Date: Wed, 14 Apr 2010 21:53:26 +0800

Dear old helpers

I made a window xp install an forgot that my usb pin drive was in the
computer. So by mistake I choose that I wanted to delete the partition
that was on my usb pin drive. Before I started any installation I
discover this and tried to stop the process. But to late when I put in
the drive in an other the computer it is un-accessible. Now I figure
that it must be the mbr of the pin drive that has been deleted do you
agree? I haven't formatted the drive. Do you think that I can rescue
it by bringing back the mbr back for instance with fdisk /mbr from a
dos prompt?

Thank in advance
Mikkel