baslinux - Re: [BL] problems installing Opera 9.26

  • From: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] problems installing Opera 9.26
  • Date: Tue, 29 Sep 2009 10:51:16 +0000 (UTC)

On Tue, 29 Sep 2009, baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org wrote:

Unfortunately the file you uploaded from the misc-libs.tgz is not valid. Lonestar reported this
error "403 No Readable Content". They also reported "File or parent directory did
not have the appropriate permissions". Sorry.

I just uploaded individual libraries: libz.so.1.1.3 (/usr/lib/) and
libXext.so.6.3 (/usr/X11R6/lib) which need GLIBC 2.1.* (Slackware 7.1).
Copy and run ldconfig.

ls -l lib* revealed that these were not readable by 'other' (people not in my group). -rw-r-----

I just did
chmod o+r (r-w-r--r--)
on all the files in my bl directory and was able to download libz myself. Please try again and thanks for letting me know the problem.

Can someone explain why files become unreadable when I upload them (with ftpput or kermit ftp)? (I also fixed some subdirectories). Can something be added to the control line to prevent this happening?