baslinux - Re: [BL] Future of BL?

  • From: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] Future of BL?
  • Date: Tue, 25 Aug 2009 20:09:00 +1200

Message from Steven
===================
Sindi wrote:

> Steven, do you plan to update BL, either to a new version,
> or find ways to support more hardware

I'm still using the same old hardware, so I have no
interest in developing something for newer hardware
(which I wouldn't be able to test). Besides there
are plenty of small distributions suitable for newer
hardware.

BasicLinux was designed to maximize performance of
486s and low-end Pentiums. There are still some of
those machines around and I am content to leave
BasicLinux for them.

> Does BL work with built-in laptop wireless?

I don't know. None of my five laptops has
built-in wireless.

> Will there be any USB wireless support?

None of my laptops has USB.