baslinux - [BL] HD boot = 4x greater ram usage?

  • From: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • To: <baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [BL] HD boot = 4x greater ram usage?
  • Date: Wed, 5 Aug 2009 15:43:35 +0000

Hi; BasicLinux noob here.  I'm excited about reviving my ancient Pentium Pro 32MB laptop with BL3.5 installed on the hard drive, but I'm working up the learning curve.

So, I followed the HD install instructions in README.TXT, which worked fine.  From my /baslin directory in DOS, I can now execute boot.bat or hd.bat successfully.  When I run boot.bat, BL boots up using 4.5MB of my 32MB total RAM.  Nice.  But when I run hd.bat, BL boots up using 21MB.  That seems weird.

Other details:  I'm not using swap.img in /baslin.  There IS a linux swap partition on the hard drive, but I've not activated it.

Any suggestions?

Get back to school stuff for them and cashback for you. Try BingT now.