baslinux - [BL] BL2 add-ons location and BL2 icewm in SW11

  • From: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [BL] BL2 add-ons location and BL2 icewm in SW11
  • Date: Sat, 28 Mar 2009 16:02:47 +0000 (UTC)

On Sat, 28 Mar 2009, baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org wrote:

The link to BL2 add-ons is gone (baslinux.ru).

The BL2 site is now hosted at http://www.volny.cz/basiclinux2
by BL member Christof.

The link to the add-ons is listed as
http://www.basiclinux.com.ru/download
which no longer exists.

The add-ons are in the directory
http://www.volny.cz/basiclinux2
but you have to know their names since there is no link to them.

http://www.volny.cz/basiclinux2/bl2-x.tgz
contains icewm for BL2 (simpler menu).

I am now mirroring it at http://keesan.freeshell.org/bl/bl2-x.tgz

To use it in Slackware 11 I extracted it in /tmp, copied the usr/X11R6 parts (icewm) to /usr/X11R6, then replaced twm in /root/.xinitrc with icewm.

Which icewm - /usr/X11R6/bin/icewm

This is to avoid changing XF86Config. Do I need .Xdefaults? It seems to fix some backspace problem that I don't have in SW11.

Startx now gives icewm (with three xterms and a clock loaded by SW11 .xinitrc).

http://keesan.freeshell.org/bl/bl2-icewm.tgz

Usable with any Slackware (or probably anything glibc 2.1.3 or later)

tar -zcvf /tmp/bl2-icewm.tgz usr

To use, download to / and tar -zxvf bl2-icewm.tgz then edit /root/.xinitrc (or /user/.xinitrc/) to replace your wm with icewm.

Steven, do you want to contact Christof and ask him to put the add-ons in some directory and fix the link to point to it? (I forget his address).