baslinux - Re: [BL] Firefox

  • From: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] Firefox
  • Date: Thu, 19 Mar 2009 21:53:51 -0000

Hi Sindi,

The thing that stopped me in my tracks when I had a look at
installing that Firefox version that Steven recommended was that
when I extracted the files, I found that there was no recognisable
Linux directory structure in it ( no bin or sbin or usr etc). There was
also no install.sh. Obviously the package is not organised for
installation in Slackware/BL. It was going to need someone knowledgable
to reorganise all the files and write a install.sh before that Firefox can
be used. I wasn't anticipating a lot of trouble finding the dependances
that Steven itemised here, because they are in Slackware 9.0 packages
AFAICS. However there are other libs needed and it looks as though those
are in the Firefox package, but all jumbled up with other files.

Ian