baslinux - [BL] NTFS

  • From: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [BL] NTFS
  • Date: Thu, 5 Mar 2009 19:58:19 +0000 (UTC)

Can I insert some module (2.4 or even 2.6 kernel) that will let me delete as well as read NTFS files? I am trying to remove a virus from someone's XP laptop. It spreads via USB flash drives and I can easily claen it off the FAT16 drive with BL, but DSL and Knoppix live CDs mount NTFS only read-only.

Is there some live linux CD that mounts NTFS not just read only? If so I could copy the kernel and module from that.

The blasted laptop is hijacked somehow so I cannot even download antivirus programs to it (except via USB drive which then gets infected).

Sindi Keesan