baslinux - Re: [BL] LWN linux distribution list and basiclinux

  • From: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] LWN linux distribution list and basiclinux
  • Date: Thu, 8 May 2008 02:44:25 +0000 (UTC)

Does the BL abiword work with plugins?

Yes AFAIK. There's a plugin manager under "Tools"

apparently Abiword can do that (for 5 not 4)
and then export as rtf. Also extended ascii.

Have you used plugins? I read that the HTML import comes built-in. I see
Tools, install new plugin. Apparently you need to download the entire
nearly 1MB package for import/export filters.

The 900K download was an .exe for Windows.

For linux you need 1.7MB source code package.
Steven, do you want to compile the plugins for Abiword? This may need to be done while compiling Abiword itself, enabling plugins.

They are up to version 2.6.3 and we have 1.0.6 (2002) - will it work with the later plugins? I did not find earlier source code. 2.6.3 is about 9MB for Abiword.