baslinux - Re: [BL] Screenshots

  • From: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • To: <baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [BL] Screenshots
  • Date: Fri, 28 Mar 2008 19:35:47 -0300

>> > Scrot-0.8 returns me a "permission denied" message,
>> > despite the fact that I'm root.
>>
>> I've downloaded it from www.linuxbrit.co.uk/scrot .
>> It uses imlib2 and other dependencies.
>> Maybe it isn't the correct choice.
>> Please tell me what you think.

>I think Scrot-0.8 is a glibc2 program. glibc2 programs
>do not work on libc5 (which is the library BL3 has).

>>> (removed for short)
>>>

>> mageMagick and xv are found at Slack'4

>All Slack'4 packages are libc5. They are compatible with BL3.
>Later Slackwares (and most executables available for download
>from other Linux sites) are glibc2. They are not compatible
>with BL3 (unless you upgrade the BL3 libraries to glibc2).

Steven, xv truly has a problem but there is a patch to fix it on
http://www.trilon.com/pub/xv/patches/grabpatch

I didn't downloaded it because the patch is a listing of a program written
in C and
also because

ImageMagick is functioning properly.

More than this, XV is shareware (25 dollars) and not open-source.

I did import -window root screenshot.jpg and it worked.
(Images captured with the suffix .bmp show different colors, but this is not
a problem).

Now, all the captures I've done show the rxvt window and I can't rid of
it.
The bottom bar is not shown.

I tried to put that command line in a

<Program label="Capture screen">import -window root screenshot.jpg
</Program>

in the JWM menu, but it first opens rxtv on background and then shots.
That window always appears on foreground.
I think maybe some adjustments can fix it, what do you tell me about?

Presently, ImageMagick is doing the job, so I don't need the others.

By the way, someone has told me to do cat /dev/vcs1 >screenshot
(being vcs1 the virtual console)

I have tried it, with no appearent results. Is it safe?

Thanks again,
Teixeira