baslinux - Re: [BL] Screenshots

  • From: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] Screenshots
  • Date: Fri, 28 Mar 2008 06:25:16 +1200

Message from Steven
===================
Teixeira wrote:

> > Scrot-0.8 returns me a "permission denied" message,
> > despite the fact that I'm root.
>
> I've downloaded it from www.linuxbrit.co.uk/scrot .
> It uses imlib2 and other dependencies.
> Maybe it isn't the correct choice.
> Please tell me what you think.

I think Scrot-0.8 is a glibc2 program. glibc2 programs
do not work on libc5 (which is the library BL3 has).

> > I've also downloaded "Captura" which is listed (ls) in
> > light green characters but it's said to be "not found" (??)

I think Captura is a glibc2 program. The "not found"
probably means the glibc2 library was not found.

> > Execute ldd on the executables and see what it says.
>
> Do you mean "ldd Captura" (Is this the syntax) ?

Execute: which Captura
That will tell you in which directory it is.
Then cd to that directory and execute: ldd Captura
(this assumes Captura is the name of the executable)

> mageMagick and xv are found at Slack'4

All Slack'4 packages are libc5. They are compatible with BL3.
Later Slackwares (and most executables available for download
from other Linux sites) are glibc2. They are not compatible
with BL3 (unless you upgrade the BL3 libraries to glibc2).