baslinux - Re: [BL] new problem with display of pdf's

  • From: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] new problem with display of pdf's
  • Date: Wed, 26 Mar 2008 00:49:48 +0000 (UTC)

On Wed, 26 Mar 2008, baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org wrote:

Message from Steven
===================
James wrote:

The fonts Steven advised installing from Slack 4
were: xf100, xfcyr, xfnon, xfnts, and xfscl.

Hold on, I did not recommend installing those fonts.
I simply listed the font packages that are available
in Slackware 4.0. For example, xfcyr is the Cryllic
font package -- you definitely do not want to install
that (unless you are Russian).

James speaks and writes Russian (as do I). In which case the gs Cyrillic fonts are also recommended for printing. I load a console Cyrillic font to view Russian but have not got around to printing it except from a
screenshot. Christof tried to explain how to print to a laserjet in text mode.

Sindi

xfnts.tgz is the usual font package. The others are
just options.