baslinux - Re: [BL] Links2, images, fonts and fax

  • From: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • To: Basic Linux <baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [BL] Links2, images, fonts and fax
  • Date: Tue, 25 Mar 2008 15:49:24 +0000 (UTC)

On Tue, 25 Mar 2008, baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org wrote:

That's Teixeira again with questions:

I've replaced Links-0.95 with Links2 and it looks exactly the same - I
still can't see no images.
Is Links2 really a GRAPHIC browser? If so, what is it missing?

If you are using it in X (Steven's links2 for BL3)
links2 -g
will select graphical mode.

I've also downloaded a fax package from Slack' 4, which says I've no
/dev/fax port.
It's true, but is there a way to make it work?

I had the same problem using workbone, which required that I create /dev/cdrom (by symlinking it to /hdc or /hdd).

Read the man page, which may tell you how to create /dev/fax with mknod, or by symlinking it to some existing device such as /dev/ttyS0 (serial port). What is the executable file called?

Sindi

Thanks a lot!
Teixeira