baslinux - Re: [BL] request for scp for BL3

  • From: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] request for scp for BL3
  • Date: Tue, 18 Mar 2008 22:14:29 -0500 (CDT)

On Wed, 19 Mar 2008, Sindi wrote:

> I already compiled it, for glibc 2.2.5 (the same library needed for
> Opera) or later. It is part of the dropbear package, which also
> includes dbclient, smaller than ssh and works as well for me.
>
> http://keesan.freeshell.org/bl/dropbear-0.49-glibc225.tgz (I compiled
> and posted this just over a year ago so may not be the latest version,
> but it works fine).
>
> scp is 20K, dbclient 115K (for some reason I have it in /usr/local/bin
> but symlinked to /usr/bin). Both in the same package. Do you want
> dbclient.1 posted as well, or the README? I can make a larger package.
> README speaks of ssh authorized keys. Steven's uclibc ssh is 285K.

Sindi to the rescue again. Yes, I should've searched the archive first,
and I do remember seeing something about dropbear on your site. Installing
your package would be alot simpler than the routine I went through to
excise needed bits from Slack9. I'll definitely be using your package once
it comes to installing BL3 on the real thing.

Don't think I'll need either dbclient.1 (not even sure what it is or does)
or the README. Thanks for your input.

James