baslinux - Re: [BL] considering BL for laptop: questions

  • From: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] considering BL for laptop: questions
  • Date: Sat, 15 Mar 2008 14:56:59 -0500 (CDT)

On Sun, 16 Mar 2008, Steven wrote:

> xf100: 100-dpi screen fonts
> xfcyr: Cyrillic fonts
> xfnon: Some large X fonts
> xfnts: Primary fonts for the X
> xfscl: Scaled fonts
>
> You will find these font packages in: /slakware/x1

Ok, I installed those packages but the problem of odd characters in
certain parts of web pages persists. For example, on the yahoo main page
in front of clickable news headlines ("In the News") there should be
bullets, but Opera under BL3 is rendering them as question marks. This is
certainly not a show-stopping issue, but just a slightly irritating
effect.

It seems my diagnosis of what causes this odd rendering may have been
wrong, since it persists even with a fuller range of X fonts installed. I
also tried selecting different character sets in Opera itself, but the
problem persists. Any other ideas about what the problem may be or how to
fix it?

Thanks,
James