baslinux - [BL] Line printing

  • From: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • To: "Basic Linux" <baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [BL] Line printing
  • Date: Fri, 14 Mar 2008 13:30:08 -0300

I need to make immediate line printings through a serial port, let's say,
com2.

Since Basic Linux seems to have no "cups" facilities, is there a way to get
there?

The application (shell script) should print sales tickets with each product
being described in a single line (code, quantity, especies, price,
subtotal).

For better understanding, each line has to be printed BEFORE shown on the
screen.

( In Brazil it is mandatory to print tickets this way - and not mounting a
whole text and then printing it).

There are special printers to do that job, so-called "fiscal printers"
(which stands for "impressoras fiscais", in Portuguese).

The manufacturers are in number of half-a-dozen and their device drivers are
not compatable each other, and generally have no Linux support.

Fortunately I was gently given a Linux device driver by my printer's
manufacturer.

Please make me know if Basic Linux is capable of doing that job.

Thanks again,
Teixeira