baslinux - Re: [BL] classical radio playlist

  • From: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] classical radio playlist
  • Date: Thu, 10 Jan 2008 19:43:20 +0000 (UTC)

What version of mplayer are you using?
Mine is: MPlayer 1.0pre7try2-3.2.3

circa 2005

I was using mplayer 1.0pre5-2.95.3. I just upgraded.

The current version is 1.0rc2 of Oct 7, 2007, with support for some new codecs and 'massive code cleanup'. It does realaudio authentication, SMIL playlist and a bunch of other streaming-related stuff that might be why so many realaudio sites don't work with older versions (particularly the one I was still using).

3MBS just filled its cache and is playing Khachaturian at 14:40 EST. It is loud! / and * are in very large steps - either barely audible, or deafening. I used the physical volume dial. (I recall the steps being much smaller with the previous version).

20K/22KHz. Very stable stream. 20K lets me type email online with just a bit of delay. Significantly better than 24K.

Victoria is having a triple fire ban. Our river is so high that the end of one footbridge and several picnic tables are in water after most of the snow and ice suddenly melted.

The announcer just switched to Chinese, followed by strongly western-influenced Chinese-like music. Does Australia have a large Chinese population?