baslinux - [BL] mc improvement concerning html

  • From: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [BL] mc improvement concerning html
  • Date: Wed, 21 Nov 2007 22:01:33 +0100

I discovered that mc (Midnight Commander) tried to open lynx when one press Enter on an html-file. First I tried to create a link to links-0.95 but that didn't work because mc calls lynx with an option -force_html, and links-0.95 doesn't run because that's an unknown option.

A solution that worked is to create a shell script named lynx in /usr/bin with the contents:
#!/bin/sh
# LEFBL Lynx Emulator for BasicLinux
# Copyright (C) 2007 by Mikael O. Bonnier, Lund, Sweden.
# License GNU GPL v3 or (at your option) any later version.
# See <http://www.gnu.org/licenses/gpl-3.0.txt>.
# If you need other licenses please contact <mikaelb AT df.lth.se>.
shift
links-0.95 $1
# __END__

Make it executable with the command:
chmod a+x lynx

To find all html-files enter the command:
find / -name '*.html'|xargs ls -l

mc cannot open executable html-files. (I think hotlist.html is executable from the installation. It was anyway executable on my BL-computer for some unknown reason.)

--
// Mikael Bonnier
----

  • [BL] mc improvement concerning html, baslinux, 11/21/2007