baslinux - Re: [BL] 2.4.31 modules for AGP and Promise, was Re: i810 binary

  • From: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] 2.4.31 modules for AGP and Promise, was Re: i810 binary
  • Date: Mon, 12 Nov 2007 04:38:51 +0000 (UTC)

If you have two video chips and svgalib recognizes the wrong one you are supposed to specify in libvga.config

Device 1 or
Device 2

but it is still recognizing the add-in ATI card rather than the onboard i810 video, though the latter is selected in BIOS and the monitor is plugged into it.

I was supposed to use lspci to determine which video chip is onboard but less /proc/pci also works.

Is there some way to tell BL to use BIOS settings?

Someone gave us a computer with a different PCI ATI video card that I wil try to find a Win98 driver for so as to avoid the need for i810. The current PCI ATI card is some oddball for which I could not find a driver despite downloading a huge collection for many chips and all Windows, which is how ATI packages things. Does Win98 have a VESA driver?.

i180 video chip does not support framebuffer. I would run Scitech Display Doctor to fix that, but then Xvesa would not work. The SVGA X
server displays 320x200 despite inserting agpgart which I compiled and it is supposed to provide the use of 4MB onboard RAM for video instead of 1MB. I am told i815 allows the coexistence of an AGP slot but i810 does not.