baslinux - [BL] viewing extended asci char 155

  • From: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [BL] viewing extended asci char 155
  • Date: Thu, 23 Aug 2007 15:37:59 +0000 (UTC)

Extended asci character 155 appears as a blank space in console mode because this is a control code (thanks Karolis). I want to view Cyrillic in console mode.

cp1251 uses 155 as a math symbol. iso8859-5 and koi8-r have characters that display as blanks with pico, vi, and 'less -r'. (Cyr_a8x16 which I think is cp866 has a box drawing character.

Are there any console viewers that display char 155 properly?
Maybe nano can be set to ignore control characters?

less -r is output "raw" control characters. If I don't do that I get <D0> instead of a character. The nano help screen does not mention 'control'.

I have designed a cp1251.f16 font (at my site some place).

Opera displays upper ascii correctly after you set the encoding.

I tried to add a Cyrillic X font to BL2 rather than a large package. I added it to /misc and fonts.dir but it still is not found. Help please.

  • [BL] viewing extended asci char 155, baslinux, 08/23/2007