baslinux - [BL] latest libtiff

  • From: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [BL] latest libtiff
  • Date: Wed, 22 Aug 2007 00:09:51 +0000 (UTC)

Sindi wrote:

I was sent a scanned multi-page tiff so on Karolis' advice compiled:

http://keesan.freeshell.org/bl/tiff2pdf
http://keesan.freeshell.org/bl/tiffsplit

which are small scripts that probably require

http://keesan.freeshell.org/libtiff.so.3.8.2

The netpbmlibs package has libtiff.so.3.5.7, which also works okay.

The larger package including more scripts and libtiffxx and .a and .la and .h files (used to compile gs) and man and html pages is:
http://keesan.freeshell.org/libtiff-3.8.2-glibc225.tgz

These are all for glibc 2.2.5 or later (SW8.1).

This compiled perfectly in BL2.

One can also convert tifftopnm, then pamsplit to extract individual image files.

zgv and xv will not view more than the first page of the multipage tiff.

I printed the pdf file with gs, and could also have printed the pbm's extracted with pamsplit from the big multipage pbm produce by tifftopnm except pbmtolj printed all but the first page at 600 dpi instead of the requested 300 dpi.

  • [BL] latest libtiff, baslinux, 08/21/2007