baslinux - Re: [BL] HELP!!! busybox fdisk and linux- extended

  • From: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] HELP!!! busybox fdisk and linux- extended
  • Date: Wed, 1 Aug 2007 22:02:21 +0000 (UTC)

BL3.50 fdisk works correctly. It makes and displays hdb4 linux extended (and therefore you can delete it) and mke2fs works afterwards without rebooting, both unlike BL2 cfdisk (does not display ext2 partition, need to reboot to mke2fs) or busybox 1.3.2 fdisk (makes a big mess).

A second computer treats hdb4 as D: when hda has four DOS primary partitions. Telling BIOS there is no slave drive did not fix the problem, I had to unplug it. The solution is to make a minimal and empty D:. I no longer use most of the DOS programs anyway.

I now have BL3.50 working on a computer with 'new' keyboard, on a scsi drive with a 2.4.31 kernel. To exit jwm without a mouse type Alt-F1 for menu, arrow down and click on rxvt, Alt-Tab to switch focus to the new window with rxvt (this is annoying and is not needed in icewm), type reboot. Ctrl-Alt-Del did not work from X. I can leave one vt dedicated to X (make a fourth one in inittab if needed).

Next project is to connect two laptops to a low-power (cool) dual-head system, via nullmodem cable. One could even be the 386 with 1MB RAM using DOS kermit to telnet to linux. Highs of 92-97F all week here.

Anyone know how many watts are generated by a 386 and a PI laptop, and how many by a PIII and a TTL monitor?

  • Re: [BL] HELP!!! busybox fdisk and linux- extended, baslinux, 08/01/2007