baslinux - [BL] RE : BasLinux Digest, Vol 52, Issue 34

  • From: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [BL] RE : BasLinux Digest, Vol 52, Issue 34
  • Date: Sat, 28 Jul 2007 23:57:47 +0200 (CEST)

Hi Sindi & List !

> http://keesan.freeshell.org/bl/xfonts-bl3-full.tgz -- 23K

> Copy the file to misc and tar -zxvf, and it should replace the
origin
> files with the full-size ones.

Did that; unfortunately I see no changes, aka the fix did not "take".
I may
have goofed of course. I'll copy/paste the contents of my misc/
directory,
so you can check the size/date of the fonts I copied :
/usr/X11R6/lib/fonts/misc<#>ls
clR9x15.pcf.gz fonts.dir helvR12.pcf.gz lutRS19.pcf.gz
fonts.alias helvB14.pcf.gz lutB24.pcf.gz
/usr/X11R6/lib/fonts/misc<#>ls -al
drwxr-xr-x 2 root 0 1024 Mar 21 00:35 .
drwxr-xr-x 4 root 0 1024 Mar 21 00:35 ..
-rw-r--r-- 1 root 0 2713 Jul 27 19:49
clR9x15.pcf.gz
-rw-r--r-- 1 root 0 1765 Sep 16 2004 fonts.alias
-rw-r--r-- 1 root 0 112 Apr 10 2004 fonts.dir
-rw-r--r-- 1 root 0 5308 Jul 27 19:48
helvB14.pcf.gz
-rw-r--r-- 1 root 0 4915 Jul 27 19:48
helvR12.pcf.gz
-rw-r--r-- 1 root 0 5242 Jul 27 19:48 lutB24.pcf.gz
-rw-r--r-- 1 root 0 4669 Jul 27 19:48
lutRS19.pcf.gz

As you can see, the .pcf.gz files are dated today, I assume they are
the ones
extracted from your archive (did not keep a backup of BL3's original
fonts)
Yet no sign of the missing characters in a terminal, or links etc.
:(

> 'korotkij adrress dannogo sajta): RusWin.net'

Site "interesnyj"... I'll go back there when I have spare time. Looks
like
the guy mainly deals with russification for MS-Windows; I have that
set-up
already pretty satisfactorily anyway.

> You do not download mail at a shell account, you read it with mutt
or
> online. Then delete it. It is much faster and more efficient than

> webmail. Text-only. Check it out at rootshell

I know what you mean, but don't like it that way. Using pine in an
ssh to
read/write my mail ?

> e3pi does allow more editing freedom than native lynx.
>> Lynx is very ugly for filling in forms. You cannot see all of
what
>> entered.

That is why I have defined e3pi for my text_editor in Lynx options.
I am using it now, and finding it more and more convenient. Did you
experiment with the setting ? When you want to fill a form in lynx,
you type
Control_X e, Lynx spawns an instance of e3pi in its stead; you do all

the typing and editing with e3pi (or your favourite editor; I had no
better
choice) and when finished, quit the editor and Lynx is back with the
form
filled from the external text editor's output. Not bad.

Czerno