baslinux - Re: [BL] RE : BasLinux Digest, Vol 52, Issue 34

  • From: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] RE : BasLinux Digest, Vol 52, Issue 34
  • Date: Sat, 28 Jul 2007 22:52:12 +0000 (UTC)

From Sindi in response to Czerno:

Hi Sindi & List !

http://keesan.freeshell.org/bl/xfonts-bl3-full.tgz -- 23K

Copy the file to misc and tar -zxvf, and it should replace the
origin
files with the full-size ones.

Did that; unfortunately I see no changes, aka the fix did not "take".

Steven just explained that the default font (cl) is a small one and he did not strip it. It probably never contained extended ascii characters. To try one of the other four fonts edit /root/.Xdefaults or start an rxvt with another font (if you know how - I don't).

Let us know how helv and lut work in lynx or links in X.
Is lut the proportional one (times?).

You do not download mail at a shell account, you read it with mutt
or pine.

I know what you mean, but don't like it that way. Using pine in an
ssh to read/write my mail ?

Yes, I have been doing that for ten years now at various shell accounts.
Once you learn how it is much faster than webmail. To delete a mail type d and when you q(uit) they all get deleted. No browser or mouse needed.
Maybe webmail is tolerable with broadband.

e3pi does allow more editing freedom than native lynx.
Lynx is very ugly for filling in forms.

That is why I have defined e3pi for my text_editor in Lynx options.
I am using it now, and finding it more and more convenient. Did you
experiment with the setting ? When you want to fill a form in lynx,
you type
Control_X e, Lynx spawns an instance of e3pi in its stead; you do all

I never knew about Ctrl-X e. I already have 'pico' as my editor in BL2. Thanks! Big improvement. Where did you learn this?

Czerno