baslinux - [BL] Re : Defining keyboad map : program 'xev' wanted !

  • From: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [BL] Re : Defining keyboad map : program 'xev' wanted !
  • Date: Wed, 25 Jul 2007 18:48:34 +0200 (CEST)

>From Czerno : Hi, Sindi and List !

I deleted 2 dozen lines just underneath using the form editor in
lynx:
let's see if the blanked out lines are zapped away (if not, please
scroll down) ...........

>> I'm going to define the keyboard table for my 102 k French
>> keyboard,
>> since couldn't find a suitable, ready made one that /worked/.

> What happened to the xmodmap approach?
This *is* still part of the xmodmap approach !
> 'How to setup international keybaord in X Windows with Xmodmap'
> http://www.linuxdocs.org/HOWTOs/mini/Intkeyb-4.html
> There is a French keyboard there but with more than 102 keys. Can
> you
> modify that keymap?
Might be, but I've tried 4 such premade tables with no success
This is why, >> it seems
>> I need the programme 'xev'.

> At any of the Slackware mirror sites listed at the BL site, go to
> Slackware 4.0, slakware, download MANIFEST.gz, zless MANIFEST.gz,
> search
> on xev, which is in ./x1/xbin.tgz.

OK.

> No empty lines here. The Yahoo plug is short.
Good if it is confirmed! Now I need to grasp how to insert /new/
lines
in a form.

--
Ninho

  • [BL] Re : Defining keyboad map : program 'xev' wanted !, baslinux, 07/25/2007