baslinux - Re: [BL] RE : mounts

  • From: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] RE : mounts
  • Date: Mon, 23 Jul 2007 05:46:01 +1200

Message from Steven
===================
Czerno wrote:

> I don't see a line in fstab for the /DOS
> mount that BL makes; maybe it's something
> related to the initrd magic

The root filesystem (fs.img) resides on the DOS
partition. Before it runs, the DOS partition
is mounted by initfs.gz.

> > mount -t msdos /dev/hdb1 /DD
>
> how will the fstab line for this msdos partition
> come out exactly

/dev/hdb1 /DD msdos defaults 0 0

> Same question , if I wanted to mount it as vfat
> instead of msdos, as I really should ?

/dev/hdb1 /DD vfat defaults 0 0

Note: in /etc/rc the "insmod vfat" line must
precede the "mount -a" line. If not, the above
line will not work (because the kernel will not
understand vfat when it executes mount -a).

> I mounted my CDROM to /mnt/ per your prescription.

The /mnt directory is an general mountpoint that can
be used for any temporary mount. However, you can
use whichever mountpoint you wish (as long as you
create a directory with that name).

> Now I noticed there is an empty /cdr/ directory,

Yes, I have already created CD, HD and FD directories.

> is it not meant to be the CDROM's mount point instead
> of the, if I grasp well, genereic /mnt/ ?

Yes, I put those in for mounting the CDroms, harddisks
and floppy disks; however, you are free to delete them
and use something else. It is not important what name
you give to your mountpoints.

  • [BL] RE : mounts, baslinux, 07/22/2007
    • Re: [BL] RE : mounts, baslinux, 07/22/2007