baslinux - [BL] RE : mounts

  • From: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [BL] RE : mounts
  • Date: Sun, 22 Jul 2007 11:59:03 +0200 (CEST)

Hi, List ! This is Czerno again.

Steven wrote :
> Czerno wrote:
>>
>> I put my added "insmod" commands (for cdrom & network)
>> as well as "udhcpc" and "mount" in file : /etc/rc ;
>> is this the correct place
>
>Yes (although the mount normally goes in /etc/fstab).

What's confusing me a bit : I don't see a line in fstab for the /DOS
mount that BL makes; maybe it's something related to the initrd magic
?

Also, I looked at the man page for fstab (and for mount), and not too
confident I can get the lines in fstab right with respect to all
those parameters - I don't really need to damage my Win/DOS
partitions !

>> What I did (sample) : mkdir /DD
>> mount -t msdos /dev/hdb1

> That should be:
> mount -t msdos /dev/hdb1 /DD

My wrong (typo). So, how will the fstab line for this msdos partition
come out exactly ? Same question , if I wanted to mount it as vfat
instead of msdos, as I really should ?

Still about mounts, a cosmetic question : I mounted my CDROM to /mnt/
per your prescription. Now I noticed there is an empty /cdr/
directory, is it not meant to be the CDROM's mount point instead of
the, if I grasp well, genereic /mnt/ ?

TIA

--
Czerno