baslinux - Re: [BL] photoframe...

  • From: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] photoframe...
  • Date: Sun, 24 Jun 2007 15:49:25 +1200

Message from Steven
===================

> >> use lxpic in DOS (supports 8088/286/386+) ... does slideshows and
> >> supports CGA/EGA/VGA/VESA -- you name it -- and any image format that
> >> can be thrown its way... and can autoresize/dither images to fit the
> >> screen/colordepth...

Specifically what can lxpic do that xli (in BL3) cannot do?
And what about xv (which also runs on BL3) -- is lxpic better
than xv?

> > DOS freeware 'pictview' and 'display' I think display with higher quality.

Do they display with higher quality than xli? xv?

> Pictview in particular is a most versatile freeware graphics prog.
> for DOS, and can also do conversions, re-size, and so on.

How does it compare to xli? xv?

> OTOH, QuickView (shareware, DOS) is also very good and
> does video too. And there is a Linux download, which
> runs in BL2 but not in BL3.

mplayer does video and it runs in BL3.

I realize that you guys have old DOS programs that you
really like; however, since this is a BasicLinux discussion
group, it would be nice to relate things to BL3.