baslinux - Re: [BL] photoframe...

  • From: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] photoframe...
  • Date: Sun, 24 Jun 2007 11:53:46 +1000

Hi Folks,

On Sat, 23 Jun 2007 23:53:06 +0000 (UTC), baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org wrote:

> On Sat, 23 Jun 2007, baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org wrote:

>> while a really cool idea/use for BL theres a much simpler way to do
>> the same thing without even installing BL... (please dont hurt me)...

>> http://hplx.pgdn.de/

>> use lxpic in DOS (supports 8088/286/386+) ... does slideshows and
>> supports CGA/EGA/VGA/VESA -- you name it -- and any image format that
>> can be thrown its way... and can autoresize/dither images to fit the
>> screen/colordepth...

> DOS freeware 'pictview' and 'display' I think display with higher quality.

Pictview in particular is a most versatile freeware graphics prog.
for DOS, and can also do conversions, re-size, and so on.

I wonder if Jan Patera would consider a Linux version ?

OTOH, QuickView (shareware, DOS) is also very good and does video too.
And there is a Linux download, which runs in BL2 but not in BL3.

Regards,
Ron

Ron Clarke
Tadpole Tunes http://www.tadpoletunes.com