baslinux - Re: [BL] Disk1.img too big for floppy!

  • From: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] Disk1.img too big for floppy!
  • Date: Tue, 17 Apr 2007 13:54:59 +1200

Message from Steven
===================
peter wrote:

> when i check back in windows explorer looking at
> properties for both the file Disk1.img and the
> 1.44MB floppy it sayeth the former is 1.40MB =
> 1474560 bytes and the latter is 1.38MB = 1457664

Your floppy is faulty. Perhaps it has bad sectors
which have been mapped out by Windows. The size of
the standard floppy disk is 1.44mb (1474560 bytes).
You need a perfect floppy for disk1.img

> the home page states BasicLinux is now up to version
> 3.50 but below it shows the loop version as 3.50 and
> the floppy version as 3.40

I haven't updated the floppy version yet. The floppy
version is much more difficult to put together than
the loop version, so I've been waiting to see if any
3.5 bugs are reported (from the loop users) before
doing the floppy version.

> so is the floppy 3.50 just about to arrive

It's still a week or two away. I'm tied up with
something else at the moment.

> c/w a slightly slimmer Disk1.img file?

No, disk1.img will be exactly the same size, namely
the size of an error-free 1.44mb floppy.