baslinux - Re: [BL] web slide show

  • From: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] web slide show
  • Date: Wed, 4 Apr 2007 11:17:02 +0200

the way to do it without javascript would be to set a refresh time in
the html header of a few seconds, maintain track of the session
serverside and just send a new image from a servlet/cgi/php/whatever
script from the server each time a new request is received.

OK I am not going to do this now but let me just see if i got i right.
You got some perlscript (that's what the /cgi/php/ means right?) You
ask the html to consult this script every "few seconds" to bring op a
new image. Your browser will know nothing of the script it will just
now that it should update the page every "few seconds" so therefor
every browser that can show image would be able to show it. Got it
right?

Thanks
Mikkel