baslinux - Re: [BL] ZGV

  • From: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] ZGV
  • Date: Sat, 10 Mar 2007 23:15:30 +0000 (UTC)

On Sun, 11 Mar 2007 baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org wrote:

Sindi,

I have put the updated SVGA library and the new ZGV into BL3.
"ldd zgv" shows that I am still missing a libpng12 library.

The new ZGV that I compiled is glibc 2.2.5. I presume you have that or a later glibc already, and libz.

libpng12.so.0.16.0 357172 bytes.
I will post it. ln -s to libpng12.so.0 or run ldconfig.

http://keesan.freeshell.org/bl/libpng12.so.0.16.0.gz-glibc225

My BL3 also needed libjpeg.so. This has not changed for many years.
libjpeg.so.62.0.0 127228 bytes

Get from Slackware.

You could try compiling this for libc5 but it is multi-step and takes a lot of download time. svgalib 1.4.3 is precompiled.

To save time, you could probably install precompiled jpeg png/zlib and tiff packages (you need include/.h and lib*.so files so look for development packages) from SW4.0. It won't be as up to date.
But it won't require glibc.

Which one do you use for this ?
The one I just compiled.

Regards,