baslinux - Re: [BL] [delete] Which is Smaller, X or Svgalib? 67

  • From: "mikkel meinike" <mimeini AT gmail.com>
  • To: lforrestster AT gmail.com, keesan AT sdf.lonestar.org, baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org, mimeini AT gmail.com, ariadne AT ausreg.com
  • Subject: Re: [BL] [delete] Which is Smaller, X or Svgalib? 67
  • Date: Sat, 10 Mar 2007 12:19:14 +0100

Ok Lee

But seen apart from the general discussion (which is a bit strange
because the premises are different). Don't you agree that in my case X
would not work with more the 16 color? And that is not only for me I
have read the archive about that subject and found other postings
about noting else working than vga16. In this case it doesn't matter
if X is small because it wont work. And then it is very good that
there is an alternative. I don't mind to offer 5 more MB of my hart
disk space to get that alternative. Apart from that you will need to
install 'xpaint' too (also netpbm ore Image magic) and count the
dependencies/size here to get the facilities that I have in the
SVGAlib combination. (netpbm po).

/Mikkel