baslinux - Re: [BL] About color version of Yabasic

  • From: 3aoo-cvfd AT dea.spamcon.org
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] About color version of Yabasic
  • Date: Wed, 07 Mar 2007 13:31:24 +1300

Hermang Mansilla wrote:

> I solved the problem by removing the library
> libX11.so.6 that comes with BasLinux and replacing
> it with the one included in Slackware 4.0. Once
> you replace that Library, the color version of
> Yabasic runs fine with any X server.

That's an interesting discovery. It appears that
there have been significant additions to libX11
over time. It's a pity they did not change the
version number to reflect this.

Slackware 3.5: libX11.so.6.1 = 703194
Slackware 4.0: libX11.so.6.1 = 761485
Slackware 7.1: libX11.so.6.1 = 767357

IIRC the libX11.so.6.1 in BL3 came from BL1
(i.e. from Slackware 3.5).