baslinux - [BL] antiword in postscript mode

  • From: sindi keesan <keesan AT sdf.lonestar.org>
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [BL] antiword in postscript mode
  • Date: Sun, 4 Mar 2007 03:27:57 +0000 (UTC)

(Sorry, I deleted other emails in this thread).

A 131K .doc file containing four links to jpegs, which abiword/wvware and catdoc displayed as two links to websites, and gmail turned into four jpegs (two of them said to be at an external website, two internal) just produced, using antiword -p letter file.doc > file.ps, which gs 8.50 displays as:

[pic] (not [png] - the text version had four [pic]s)
and three images

115K ps file. I was able to manually extract and download a thumbnail of the missing image. This was a screwy file.

ps2pdf file.ps|pdfimages bali |ppmtojpeg
should extract the three images as jpegs starting in bali with distinguishing numbers.

My ps2df is broken (I compiled without pdfwrite as a device).

Perhaps gmail enlarged the jpegs somehow? It produced four of them, each larger than the ps file.

I will congratulate the author of antiword.