baslinux - Re: [BL] Running Linux 55

  • From: Lee Forrest <lforrestster AT gmail.com>
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] Running Linux 55
  • Date: Sat, 24 Feb 2007 15:35:42 +0000

On Sun, Feb 25, 2007 at 08:42:06AM +1030, Greg Mayman wrote:
> On Thu, 22 Feb 2007 18:30:06 +0000, Lee Forrest wrote:
>
> > Yeh. Pain in the butt that is. The standard (non-busybox) wget
> > has options to deal with it.
>
> It does?

-k
--convert-links
After the download is complete, convert the links in
the document to make them suitable for local viewing.
This affects not only the visible hyperlinks, but any
part of the document that links to external content,
such as embedded images, links to style sheets, hyper

links to non-HTML content, etc.

(be sure to read the entire section in the manpage)

> I used wget to download all the linked files, to a depth of two.
>
> > I suppose that you wrote said utility in DOS, and am surprised to
> > learn that this is possible.
>
> Many things are possible in DOS.
>
> > Should I write one in sh for BL?
>
> > It doesn't happen that often in _my_ experience, and I usually just
> > open the directory they are in in links and handle it that way.
>
> That would have worked for me if I was online at the time.

I was referring to local docs. If they are all in the same
directory you just open that directory in links. All the files
are displayed in a menu that you can return to with the history
command (Alt-F-h) or just LeftArrow.

It's not as good as your solution, but it works.

Lee

--
BasicLinux: Small is Beautiful
http://www.basiclinux.com.ru