baslinux - [BL] Running Linux

  • From: "Greg Mayman" <gmone AT tpg.com.au>
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [BL] Running Linux
  • Date: Fri, 23 Feb 2007 08:43:44 +1030

The book I bought from the local supplier has arrived!!!!

Now to get down to some concerted study!

On a related matter, someone pointed me to a Unix/Linux
instructional site at www.computerhope.com.

I downloaded a heap of files from that site, with the intention
of studying them, but found the links between them were to
absolute addresses and wouldn't work unless I was online!

So I had to write a utility to edit all the files and change
"http://www.computerhope.com"; to read "file://." so the links
would work while I was offline.

I'm glad I didn't even THINK of attempting it manually <GGGGGGGG>

And this is a problem that occurs more and more with "soft" study
texts, which almost always spread over a whole bunch of files
with absolute links between them that only work while you are
online.

. ,-./\
. / \ from Greg Mayman, in Adelaide, South Australia
. \_,-*_/ "Queen City of The South" 34:55 S 138:36 E
. v