baslinux - Re: [BL] [OT] Learning Linux

  • From: "Greg Mayman" <gmone AT tpg.com.au>
  • To: lforrestster AT gmail.com, baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] [OT] Learning Linux
  • Date: Thu, 22 Feb 2007 08:43:35 +1030

On Tue, 20 Feb 2007 15:27:14 +0000, Lee Forrest wrote:

> Yeh. I like books too. But not for computer work.
> They are such different mediums.

_Any_ book about any subject other than books is dealing with a
different medium.

My method for a number of years has been to read first, then go back and
do the exercises.

And BTW that book "Linux! I didn't know you could do that" is of dubious
worth to someone who is not looking to expand an already large distro.

Although there are some bits in it that have been useful in helping me
to understand more about Linux. And i may be using some of the things on
the CD-ROM that came with it.

. ,-./\
. / \ from Greg Mayman, in Adelaide, South Australia
. \_,-*_/ "Queen City of The South" 34:55 S 138:36 E
. v