baslinux - Re: [BL] Missing book

  • From: "Greg Mayman" <gmone AT tpg.com.au>
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] Missing book
  • Date: Tue, 20 Feb 2007 17:33:02 +1030

On Tue, 20 Feb 2007 01:02:04 +0000 (UTC), sindi keesan wrote:

> I have been told by people who paid me late that the check was 'sent
> yesterday'. But it probably took them that long to receive the book from
> wherever they ordered it from.

The NZ site gave me a password to access my account in the Aus
site. The account had records of several emails that had
apparently been sent to me in the last three or four days, none
of which arrived.

One said that my order was overlooked due to "a database error".
Then they apparently had trouble getting the secondhand copy that
I had ordered and paid for, so they were sending me a new one.

Regarding the non-delivery of the emails, my ISP helpdesk says
that they perform a Sender Address Verification on all emails,
apparently using telnet. fishpond.com.au did not respond so the
emails were automatically rejected.

But emails from fishpond.co.nz (the parent site) got to me alright.

I suspect something is very wrong with the Aus site. Perhaps the
people running it have shut it down....

>> As well as the copy from amazon.com....
> Can you cancel amazon.com?

Nope. Before the fishpond matter was sorted out, I received an
email from amazon that it had already been shipped.

>> Ah well, two copies are better than none <GGGGGG>
> One in the kitchen, one in the bathroom....

Every home should have at least two <GGGGGGGGGGGGG>